YMCA Annual Teen Character Awards
Join us for our annual teen character awards!
Help us acknowledge and applaud the efforts of Catawba Valley teens who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and character traits to strengthen their homes, neighborhoods and communities.
EVENT DATE: TBA
LOCATION: C.O. Miller Teen Center/ Hickory Foundation YMCA 701 1st Street NW Hickory, NC 28601
NOMINEES: All nominees will be contacted and requested to complete a questionnaire (Click here to download the questionnaire) and to attend the event. More details are available on the Nomination form (click here to download the nomination form).
Each nominee, once nominated, will be required to write a 500-600 word essay using the topics below: (each topic requires a minimum of 100 words)
- Write a brief autobiography, which includes your characteristics and general outlook on life.
- Select the most significant event in your life and discuss how it affected you.
- Briefly discuss your career goals, why you made this selection and how you hope to achieve them.
- Include your volunteer activities and number of hours served at each organization.
- Who has been most influential in developing your character and how have they done so.
- Tell us why you would make a good recipients of the YMCA Teen Character Award.